Traditional Chinese Medicine, including acupuncture, is a complete system of medicine dating back many thousands of years.
It is not limited to herbal medication and acupuncture, but includes moxibustion, qi gong (exercise therapy) massage, diet therapy and meditation. The development of these skills is recorded in medical literature and has also been handed down and widely disseminated among the Chinese as health care measures, because of their simplicity and effectiveness.
According to traditional Chinese medical theory, acupuncture points are located on meridians through which Chi, or vital energy runs. The stimulation of these points causes the Chi to rise and flow and healing to take place.
Acupuncture is a safe and effective natural therapy and an increasingly popular form of healthcare. The major benefits are as follows:
- Drug-free pain relief
- Assists prevention against disease
- Treats the cause as well as the symptoms
- Holistic approach to illness, linking body, mind and emotions
- Effectively treats many common ailments
- Studies on acupuncture assisting male and female infertility show that the use of acupuncture increases the likelihood of pregnancy, with or without IVF.*